After finishing college, we ended up in Tooele-the worst 9 months of my life!. I was at Harris elementary teaching 1st grade and it was a terrible experience-not because of the kids but because of the adults. After 6 months teaching there and Scott driving to Provo to work, I'd had enough and we started looking for a house. We ended up in the city center of Eagle Mountain. We got a lot more for our money here. We love our house, our neighborhood and our ward.
I teach music at Pony Express Elementary to k-6 grades. I LOVE IT!!! I often say I would do this job for free and am still amazed after 6 years that they pay me to do this. Who else gets to go to work and sing and play instruments and play games? Our latest adventure this year was producing a musical at school. We did "Once On This Island, Jr." It was so amazing. I can't wait for next year's show.
We also have a choir for the older grades that keeps me very busy. In our ward, I teach both Relief Society and Sunday School. Scott and I teach the 12-13 year olds (Kyrie's class) and there are 21 of them in our class. And they are all active, we have about 18 of them there every week! They are great kids and I adore them, there are just too many of them. In my spare time, I like to read ( currently Criss Cross which is a stupid book), spend time w/ my kids and BLOG!! I was introduced to blogging by my friends at work and now I am addicted.
Scott works as a Central Office Manager for Qwest. He is over all of the Qwest offices in Utah County. He loves his job-most days. He is not over the people that come to your houses to fix things, he is over the inside people. We bought a trailer a couple of years ago and Scott loves to go camping. He really roughs it w/ a microwave, tv and dvd player. We have had a lot of fun, though.
Kyrie is in 8th grade. She is in the gifted/talented
program at her school. Her favorite, though, is

playing the clarinet in the band. She loves the band teacher, he is great. She also loved her drama class and is going to be a 'Who' in "Seussical the Musical, Jr." at Lehi Arts.

Zach is starting 6th grade this next year. He is very into basketball. In fact, he just informed me that today is Deron William's birthday (happy birthday, Deron). He just finished up a basketball camp and had so much fun. He loves to watch the Jazz-especially in person. He is also in my choir at school, which he complains about frequently. But I can really hear the difference in his voice.
Whitney is going into 2nd grade. She is my little socialite.
Everything for her revolves around
friends-that's thereason we even have school. She is turning into a good little reader. She also loves to sing and was in our musical last year. She is doing "How Does Your Garden Grow" right now at the Lehi Arts Center and is playing the part of the Crabby Cabbage.
Halle is 2 and is such a sweet little girl. She keeps us laughing all of the time. Our current adventure is potty training. She loves to make believe and has an incredible imagination. Yesterday she was making me drink 'Sprite' through a 'straw' out of my purse.And our newest addition is Xander. He is 8 weeks old and weighs 3 pounds. He is a Maltese-Shih Tzu-Yorkie mix and is the cutest puppy ever.
He is so good natured and sweet. We've only had him a few days and he is already such a part of the family. It has been fun to watch the kids fall in love with him. They have been SO good at taking care of him. He, too, is working on the potty training thing. Sadly, he's doing better than Halle.Well, that's our family. Let us know about yours! E-Mail Me with your info. You can also check out our family blog at http://cindisfamily.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment