Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is Anyone Else Missing This Woman?


Aunt Sarah was like a second mom to me. I miss her as much today as the day she left us.

I loved this conversation that we had frequently on the phone:

Me: Aunt Sarah, you need to turn to channel (such and such).
Aunt Sarah: OK, how come?
Me: You'll see!

Aunt Sarah turns the channel. And, as she see's Dolly Parton on the screen, she says, "Oh, Cindi!!!!"

She didn't like Dolly Parton. But she is the reason I still watch old movies. She is the reason I listen to the 1940's channel on my radio. She is the reason I want to take painting lessons. She is the reason I wished I lived closer to my nieces and nephews. She is the reason we take time to watch the birds out our window. She is why we sing "A, you're adorable" in the truck. It is because of her that Halle and I look for animals in clouds. We also sit and enjoy the pinks and oranges of sunrises and sunsets because of her. Thank heavens Kate has the ability to make her fudge and pinoche because Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.

Yes, I'm a sentimental sap. I blame that on Aunt Sarah, too!!!