Grandma Lenora would have been 101 years old today. I miss her with all my heart. Some of the things I love and remember most about grandma:
I loved the hanging light she had in her living room. Remember it had red, yellow and green on it. I loved that you could turn one, two or all three on.
I loved sitting with grandma on Sunday afternoons. We listened to records on her stereo and read the newspaper. She loved to listen to the 4R's, Ricky Tanner and Elvis Presley's Blue Hawaii.
I loved picking peas out of the garden and shelling them with grandma.
I loved getting books for grandma at the BookMobile. Grandma liked to read the Harlequin Romances. But one time I brought her a different kind and she said, "Don't bring me that kind again, it made my cheeks blush."
I loved listening to grandma's stories about when she was young. She talked a little about her mother and father, but mostly about her Grandma Lucy and her sister, Etta. She loved to show me the pictures in her albums and tell me about the people.
I loved going places with grandma and grandpa whether it was to the cemetery, to Smithfield or camping in Island Park. I just loved to be with them.
I loved grandma's orange jello. Remember the kind with the fresh whipped cream and bananas?
I am so lucky to have lived next door to grandma and grandpa. I only wish I'd had more time with them--------someday!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment